Friday, February 23, 2018

More houses and ships

I continuing to work on my invasion game hopefully I'll have it done by GnomeCon. If not I'll play it out within the next few months. This time I painted even more rural houses, I should have enough now. Here's some picture of the new houses.


Most of these are houses I brought at Rapier a few years ago.


 And now for something completely different. I know I stated a few post ago that I was done with the ships and I am, for the naval game. I still need some LST for the ground game to mark the landing zones for the naval infantry. Since hardly anyone makes Russian LST models, I only found an Alligator class model that cost $50 (too much!), I decided to make them from scratch.

Using balsa wood and scale line drawings for reference. 
Since these models well be representing individual ships, instead of groups, I made them 1/600 scale as opposed to 1/300. Here's how they came out.

Two Ropucha class LSTs. These were the most complex to be built, so of course in needed two of them.

An Alligator class LST and a Polnocny class LSM.
There not pretty, but they'll get the job done. Now I'm working on my next batch of NATO forces. Here's a sneak peek.


 Anyway that's what I got now.

No comments:

Post a Comment