Sunday, September 22, 2019

Megablitz: The Red Hammer, Supersized!

    I actually got some painting done this month. For some up coming games of Megablitz I decided I needed some army level artillery as well as other assets. So I just came up with this Monstrosity, the 6th Breakthrough Artillery Corps.



   This unit is based on one that fought in the battle of Berlin and will be providing army level artillery for the forseeable future. The corps is made up of two breakthrough artillery division. First is the 2nd Breakthrough Artillery Division.


In the first half of the division we have the 20th Light Artillery Brigade, 10th Guards Howitzer Brigade, and the 16th Guards Gun Brigade.


Next we have the 48th Guards Heavy Howitzer Brigade, 121st High Powered Howitzer Brigade, and 5th Mortar Brigade.


The other division is 14th Breakthrough Artillery Division.


Its first half is made up of the 169th Light Artillery Brigade, 172nd Howitzer Brigade, and 176th Heavy Howitzer Brigade.


The other half has the 122nd High Powered Howitzer Brigade, 21st Heavy Mortar Brigade, and 6th Guards Mortar Brigade.


In addition to the artillery Corps I also made some other army level assets. Two Anti-aircraft artillery regiments and a medical unit. (For the horses)


Finally while I made a couple of modern Pact units for FFT. Two upper level command vehicles. These were part of a Shapeways command set I brought for fun. They will mainly serve as possible objectives in any FFT games.


Next up I think I'll paint up some aircraft.

2 comments: