Saturday, June 11, 2022

Now I'm Printing with Resin!

 A couple of months ago I got a new resin 3-D printer. I decided to go with a resin printer because their better suited for small miniatures. 



My Anycubic printer with the wash station next to it, well worth the money. 

After a few small projects I went ahead printed my first full unit. Some Russians to take on Christian's French.


These STLs were by Earsling on Thingiverse. They're a little simplistic but the STLs were the right price free. The image above was actually from the first print run, which was unsuccessful. There were too many supports and they were two thick. I broke the miniatures while trying to remove the supports. The second batch below was much better. 

The Troops fresh off the printer.

From this angle you can see the lighter supports.

The troops with the supports removed and cured. Just have to do a little fine trimming and they'll be ready for paint. 


My first Regiment. Just need 3 or 4 others, some cavalry, artillery, and Generals and I'll be coming for ya Christian. 


1 comment:

  1. Hey J... that's some cool stuff! Nice pickup. Break out the dark green paint, you'll need a bucketful. In case you're curious, my bases are 1.25" squares for infantry and 1.5" for cav. Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete