This week I decided to print some up. I was going to glue them to felt using rubber cement so they would be somewhat flexible. The felt will keep them from moving around on the table too much. I would then trim them with a X-Acto blade. I of course ran into problems the first being with the glue. The rubber cement was a bust, it just didn't work on felt. So I ended up using Elmer's spray adhesive. This worked very well giving an even coat. The next problem I had was with cutting them. The blades I had were trash at cutting felt, so I ended up using a regular pair of scissors to cut them into shape. Here's some pictures of the progress.
|The final result. I now have 162 inches of roads not including the curves and intersections.|
|Unfortuneitly, the printer I used added these blue lines for some reason. They're not as noticeable at a distance and really only show up on the straights, but I may end up reprinting them.|