First I started with a humble penny and glued a drywall nail to it.
I then spray painted them ultra flat brown.
I then flocked the bases.
|Looks like a forest of punji stakes.|
Finally I added a clump of Woodland Scenic's Foliage Clusters. Note this is not to be confused with their clumped foliage, as this stuff is MUCH denser. I tried using the clumped stuff for a couple of trees but it didn't work out. I'll probably use the clumped foliage for the bush markers I'll need to make.
In all I was able to make about 48 trees. Which should give a few good woods.
I'm going to start working on my next modern unit this week. I'm also going to see if I can get Christian to try out Harpoon some time.