Friday, August 14, 2015

Megablitz: 12th Panzer Division

As I said yesterday I finished painting up a new unit for Megablitz last week. This is my first late war German unit, the 12th Panzer division. Here's the unit just after I finished painting it.


Now for some of the individual units. First up we have the division's armor, the 29th panzer regiment and 2nd AT Battalion. This unit gave me a bit of trouble. The StuG III was a older GHQ mold without side skirts. So I made my own. They went on uneven, but the extra camouflage even things out. Then I had the barrel of the Panther snap off so I quickly had to replace it.


Next up we have the Division's infantry made up of the 5th and 25th panzer grenadier regiments.  

For reconnaissance I have the 2nd Recon Battalion with a selection of light armored vehicles, mainly SdKfz 250 half-tracks.


Now we come to combat support units. From left to right we have the 32nd panzer pioneer battalion, the 303rd Heer flak battalion, the air defense battalion, and the 2nd panzer artillery battalion.


Finally we have the combat support units. The 2nd medical battalion being followed by the maintenance companies, the 2nd supply battalion, and the division HQ with the 2nd signal battalion in the trailer behind him.

 Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the unit all together in a nice formation, only the gaggle pictured up above. I'm not sure what I'm going to work on this coming week. Either a new modern unit or some terrain.



2 comments: