Monday, October 12, 2020

New Modern Megablitz Unit

   What a crap year. I've been working on a schedule that hasn't allowed me to do much of anything, gaming related. Mostly I've been trying to rebuild my database on computer, as I can take my laptop to work. However things are starting to look up and I've finally manage to get some new painting done. I've start on some units for a modern version of Megablitz. To this end, I decided to go with 3mm, as this will allow me to try some new things. So here's my first unit, the Canadian 4th Mechanized Brigade

I went with some different base sizes, from my WWII units. The stands are wider at the front to better fit putting 2 vehicles on. As usual the smaller bases are company sized formations.


  I decided to base my modern forces around 1985, the era I grew up in. In the front row are the main combat units; the recon company, 3rd Royal Canadian Regiment, 1st/22nd Infantry Regiment, and the Royal Canadian Dragoons Armor regiment. The next row has the Combat Support units; the brigade HQ, Royal Canadian Horse Artillery Regiment, and 4th Combat Engineer "Regiment" (Actually a company size formation). Finally in the back we have the Combat Service Support units, a supply column and medical unit. 
  I'll be using this 3mm scale to try out new some ideas for Megablitz. I've got some Russians on the way so hopefully I'll get those done soon. My goal is to have a small game ready by the end of the year. 

3 comments:

  1. Those look really good, James.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4CMB was a unit which featured (in 6mm) in several early Megablitz playtest games! Nice to see another.

    ReplyDelete