Saturday, November 16, 2013

New project

As I stated in my last post, I've decided to take a little break from wargaming miniatures to work on my much too large and neglected collection of models. I decided to start of with something simple, so I'm now making Attack Hobby's 1/144 scale MiG-21R. I got this kit because I found the idea of a Soviet made recon aircraft interesting, so I thought it would go good with my other MiG-21.

A look at the box. The thing that grabbed me most is the recon pod. I'm a sucker for ordnance and stores.

Starting out with the construction of the fuselage. The container in the background is full of bird shot, which I use as weight.

Adding the wings.

One of the things I found interesting about this kit is that it came with a very nice resin cockpit tub.


Attaching the wheels and the ever important recon pod. Almost done.

I was hoping to have the plane done by the end of the week, but several building issues got in the way. Hopefully I should have pictures of the completed model next week. As for my wargaming I yesterday I started to gather stuff up for my next Megablitz unit and the one I need for the game I'm planing. Here's a sneak peek.

I'm actually trying two different units at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment