Friday, June 19, 2015

Rapier 2015 (Long)

Last weekend I went to Rapier down in Jacksonville. While I only did a little gaming I did get some great pictures of the games around me and managed to get some good loot too.

Friday

I arrived in Jacksonville around 1000 only to find the hotel filled up. So before I went looking for a hotel I decided to take a few pictures of the morning games. The first being this Star Wars Pod race. Although I wasn't part of it, this game was a part of a marathon of racing games played though out the convention.


At another table was a Napoleonics skirmish game.


Also the Wargamers were demonstrating their new rules By Fire and Sword.


After I had done some shopping, found a hotel, ate lunch, and sold a few things at the flea market. I returned to the gaming area to take a few more pictures. First being the first of several Blue Sky games.


There was also this nice regatta game, which was part of the racing marathon.


Then later in the night; me, Christian, Mike, and Mark sat down for a quick game of Starfire. A game which both me and Christian won.

My ship is the triangle one on the right.
Also late in the night was a Rapier favorite, the French and Indian War Canoe Race.

In this one you play fur trappers trying to get up the river ahead of the other trappers while also avoiding the Indians chasing you.
Saturday

After eating breakfast at the hotel I decided to take a few pictures of the morning games. The being the setup for the ever present Flames of War tournament.


There was also a Civil War game going on.


I then decided to check in on Mike and Mark, who was playing in the Waterloo game. Normally they play this game on one big table, but this year they broke the battle up into three smaller games.




Then me and Christian played in the morning game of Blue Sky. It's been a while since I've played Blue Sky. Christian was the with Japanese, while I was with the US. Christians side won, but I still managed to shot down several planes and still end the game with all my airplanes.

After Lunch, I joined Mike, Christian, Bill, and Mark in the Strike Legion: Planetary Ops game.
I was commanding the Heavy tank battalion, the gray tanks in the meddle. 



While we were playing there was game of All Quite on the Martian Front going right next to us.
The game featured this vary impressive land cruiser. 
 Another game that was going on nearby was this 28mm Bolt Action urban warfare game.

 My one regret was I wasn't able to get in on the Fire and Fury Regimental game, as I had been wanting to tryout the rules. I plan to buy the rules later.

Another interesting game that was going on was the Battle of Mobile Bay using large ship models.


The last picture I got was of another Napolionics game.


Unfortunately I left Jacksonville early Sunday morning, being that I had to work that night and I wanted to make sure I got some rest. In the next post I'll talk about the loot I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment